12.28.2009

Slacker? Guilty as charged.

Well. To say I've been slacking off on the whole weight loss thing has been an understatement. It has been quite the month, December has. Started off with my grandpa passing away very unexpectedly on the 4th. Things kind of snowballed from there with the funeral, wrapping up my LAST semester of grad school, then the holidays. Excuses, no doubt, but it all got the best of me.

But, today I'm back on track. I'm leaving for a cruise one month from tomorrow, so I'm planning on hitting the gym in a mini-Biggest Loser style for the next four weeks. I (sort of) wish I had time to spend six hours a day working out but truth is, the real world calls.

So, let's give this another go-around. As of this morning, I've got 34.5 pounds to go before I reach my goal...but, let's go with 35...then, I'd even end up below goal! As much as I hate setting timelines, I'm hoping to be there by this time next year, if not before. I accomplished a lot in my life in 2009 - got my first "real" job, finished my masters. So, I'm ready to make 2010 the year I finally make goal! It's a journey that started in 2006 and I am ready to cross the finish line!

grace + peace,
mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment