12.28.2009

Motivation

I know that for the most part, celebrities give "normal" people like me unrealistic expectations about what beauty is. Still, there is this part of me that sees these gorgeous women in Hollywood with great figures and I want that! I know, I know, magazines are Photoshoped to death, I get that. And, I know they spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on trainers and chefs, the whole ordeal. Yet, there is still this part of me that holds certain celebrities up as a "this is what I want to be" ideal. For me, the biggest is Carrie Underwood. Some papparazzi shots of Carrie on vacation in the Bahamas surfaced probably a month or so ago, and I will be the first to admit that I bookmarked some of them as motivation for when I really want to stroll down to the vending machines for a gooey Snickers bar. I mean, look at the girl! She looks fantastic!

The thing that I really respect about Carrie is she's very open about how she lost weight and got in shape. She keeps a food diary and watches what she eats, she works out. I realize that there could be more to the story she's not telling, but my naive side believes she truly got in shape in a healthy, reasonable way. Knowing that gives me hope that I can someday reach my goal weight.

So, a healthy ideal or not, I definitely use celebrities as a motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment