1.19.2010

Some spike it hot

I had my first volleyball game last night, for the league some coworkers and I joined. It was pretty much a disaster. Out of three games, we lost three! But, the last game was the closest, so hopefully next week will go better. Volleyball is definitely not my best sport, but I can get by.

I also returned to Zumba for the first time since August before the volleyball game. I had a class for grad school that interfered and then it was the holidays, so last night I was back at it. I was worried how I would be able to keep up with the new routines, but I held my own surprisingly well! I was pleased. I forgot just how much of a workout it is though! I wore my HRM and burned about 700 calories in an hour! Woohoo!

By the time I got home, though, I was absolutely ravenous! I did well, though, and had an egg with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, and a bowl of Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal (meticulously measured to one serving of 30 grams!) and 1/2 a cup of light soy milk. So, for what could have easily been an indulge and eat whatever I can find session, I was proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment