1.18.2010

A family that loses together, stays together...

Last week was an awesome weigh in! Down three pounds, for a total loss of 69 pounds and putting me at 164. A woohoo!!

This weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting my sister and her husband and kids. This is the sister I joined Weight Watchers with back in 2006. She had less to lose, about thirty pounds, while I had about a hundred that I wanted (...and still want) to lose. She has been an amazing support system throughout this whole journey and I can almost guarantee I would not have been successful thus far without her. It is always great going to visit because she loves to cook, but makes (mostly) healthy meals. The downfall is that she also loves to bake and her husband has a sweet tooth, so there's also always a lot of junk around. Ironic, given that their last name is Shugars and he does root canals for a living, no?

Saturday morning, my sister and I woke up early and ventured over to the Y. Saturdays are my "long run" day for my 25K training schedule. Four miles this week. The first two miles were pretty painless (never in my life did I think I'd say that!), but about halfway, I started to get cramps, which almost always happens when I work out while I have PMS. I stopped for a couple minutes and was so tempted to quit, but I pushed through it. I ran all about about half a mile in 49 minutes (including stops and walking), so not really my best pace, but given the circumstances, I guess I'll take it.

So, here goes another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment